Saturday, February 24, 2007

to elliott

Hi Elliott,
This post is for you. I want to tell you a little bit about your older brother. Benjamin has already slept in your bassinet and bounced in your seat. He's the first kid, and I have a feeling he's going to find a way of constantly letting you know this. Which is why I haven't put up your swing yet. Because Benjamin will think it is for him. Because everything is for him.

No matter how many times I point at my stomach and say, look there's a baby in there, Benjamin just really doesn't seem to care. I want so badly for you two to be friends and get along. I know you will fight, but I want you to love each other and share things. This doesn't seem to happen often in families. It didn't happen in my family. But maybe I can make things better.

I don't think anyone would have children if they didn't think they could make things better. It's probably a foolish thing to try and do, but at least I'm not alone.

No comments: