Monday, October 11, 2004

Beautiful boy

So I created this website basically for Ryan and myself, so we can have an outlet and a forum for our obsession with Benjamin Ian Bartlett. We invite and expect all family members and friends to also be obsessed with him.

Ben was born on October 5th, and--don't let anyone tell you otherwise--it was extremely painful and it was 13 hours long and epidurals are a miracle sent from God. I haven't slept more than three hours in a row, and the other night, I fell asleep while feeding him, waking myself when my head lolled back and hit the wall. The plus side to all of this is that Ryan and I can't stop staring at him-- he is so beautiful--and his head smells amazing. Even his pooh smells like buttermilk (although that's just the breast milk talking).

A sidenote: today I learned that in Mexico, it is considered bad luck to keep the umbilical cord after it falls off. You have to take it to a forest and bury it--keeping it would make the baby fearful. I think I'll just stick it in my scrapbook instead.

A plea: please don't call him Benji. It reminds me of Benji the Hunted (that dog). You are welcome to call him Benny instead.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Congratulations, a beautiful boy! I became a grandmother this year and I have some idea of how you are feeling...or at least how your parents feel. The time goes fast so treasure each moment.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys. What a beautiful boy! I have no idea where he gets his good looks...(-:
Just kidding.
I have 3 years experience under my belt, I can be a good reference to any questions that you guys might have. You need a bit more help than that book next to you Ang.

Take care guys and wish you all the best.
Cheers

Aziz

PS: Mmmmmmmmmmmm buttermilk poop

Anonymous said...

Ryan and Angela,

WOW, welcome to family world! Congratulations on a very handsome baby boy, Ben Ian! What a neat idea in creating the obsession forum especially for Ben. I would love to meet him! When you visit the Bay Area, please give me a buzz.

Take care and CONGRATS to both of you!

Hugs and kissess to Ben,
Auntie CJ

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Angela & Ryan - my favorite American family has a new addition!
You can tell Benjamin that he already has admirers Down Under, so when his pop career gets underway you know where to send him!!

All the best.

President of the Benjamin Bartlett fan club of Australia
a.k.a. Anni Fordham

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Angela & Ryan - my favorite American family has a new addition!
You can tell Benjamin that he already has admirers Down Under, so when his pop career gets underway you know where to send him!!

All the best.

President of the Benjamin Bartlett fan club of Australia
a.k.a. Anni Fordham

Anonymous said...

Dear Ryan and Angela,
Congratulations to a very beautiful baby boy! :-)
And, and, and-- welcome to parenthood! :-)

Warm regards,
Pia

Anonymous said...

Ummm i think that benjamin ian bartlett is the most handsome and genius baby i have ever met. Also referred to as professor yum yums he is a brilliant teacher of yum yumology.....i freakin' hate that we call him professor yum yum.......love you!
Bird