Thursday, October 28, 2004

greetings from the trenches

I am now taking showers daily, though yesterday, I put him down for a nap, jumped in the shower, and the second the shampoo touched my hair, Ben started screaming. So I had to get out asap, throw on my robe, and rescue him from the bassinet. He was--surprise!--hungry, so he ate, poohed and fell asleep, and I could resume my grooming. I never realized how much I took for granted long showers, and whole, uninterrupted minutes of arranging my hair.


Ben has stopped sleeping at night. He likes to pretend to fall asleep for a few minutes, teasing Ryan and me with the prospect of sleep, only to open one eye, then both. He then lets out a high pitched squeal, and we have to sing him back to sleep. Last night he was up from11am to 1am and 2:30 am to 5:30 am and 6:30am to 8am...It's a good thing he's so cute or I might not hang out with him anymore.

No comments: