Thursday, February 16, 2006

beautiful babies contest can kiss my ass

Okay. So I said I'd never enter my son into a baby contest. But I did it. It was not for the noble purpose of putting the $3000 prize into a scholarship fund for Benjamin's college. Nor was it for the satisfaction of knowing my baby was cuter than every one else's baby (though that would've been pretty great). I did it for one reason--to put the cash prize towards paying off a hefty chunk of credit card debt. Yes, Ben, your mommy is ghetto.

Now. Regis and Kelly introduced the finalists for the beautiful baby contest this week. Benjamin was not included. I'm not even angry. I feel sorry for them. Clearly, they have no taste. They picked a baby wearing a backwards hat, for Christ's sake.

So, Regis and Kelly, I demand a recount. And my $3000 dollars. After all, I spent thirteen hours of hell pushing the world's most beautiful baby out of my body. I deserve it.

No comments: