Tuesday, March 06, 2007

first scare

I don't have much time, but just a quick update. Ben is sick with the stomach flu and Elliott has extremely bad jaundice. We've been to the hospital three times since we had him, and he has to be strapped to this phototherapy blanket that basically is like a miniature sun that radiates onto his back to get his bilirubin level down. I also need to feed him on an hourly basis. The good news is that today his level went down a bit and he gained a little weight. We will check again at the hospital tomorrow...

2 comments:

MrsDoF said...

Congratulations on bringing baby Elliot into the family!
Beautiful pictures--I couldn't choose a favorite.
I'll cross fingers that all the ailments pass quickly and you can get settled into a routine.

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy for you and Sally on your new additions!CONGRATS!! I am sooooooo bummed that we all don't live closer so our kids could play and we could visit.
I love your blog- made me close to tears reading about the advice that no one gives about being so tired or about the boys not getting along- so sweet :) So True!!!!