Monday, June 16, 2008

best husband ever

Yesterday when we woke up, Ryan and I were both horribly sick. We were exhausted and our throats hurt and we were generally miserable. Climbing up the stairs was a great accomplishment. Not a great way to start Father's Day for Ryan. The kids were sick a few days ago, but they have since recovered and were full of energy. Ben kept asking me to take him swimming, while Elliott crawled around the house pulling down DVDs or putting his hands in the cat's water. Ryan and I sat miserably on the couch trying to get through the morning. At around 1pm, I felt as though I was going to collapse, and Ryan told me to go ahead and sleep. I felt really guilty, but I went upstairs and lay down. Five hours later, I stumbled downstairs, muttering apologies. He had watched the kids all day, AND done the dishes. I have the best husband ever, and I feel so bad that I wasn't able to do more for him yesterday; I was just so run-down. Usually when I am sick, I don't accept it until I get better and look back on my tired, broke-down ass. But we are both definitely sick right now. And it is quite pathetic.

No comments: