Thursday, November 20, 2008

update

I'm pretty sure this is the longest I have gone without posting. This is simply because things have been so crazy. We have already been dealing with children who scream in frustration because they cannot draw their ABCs perfectly at the age of 4 (Ben), and who hit themselves in the face with ceramic piggy banks before plunging off the couch head first (Elliott). On top of this, Ryan's car just stopped working last week while at the very same moment, Ben projectile vomited all over the inside of it. We had to buy a car we cannot afford to replace this one and we all contracted that lovely stomach virus, spending the weekend expelling liquid from all directions of our bodies. This doesn't take into account the fact that we have jobs we have to work at and other life obligations. We are worn down. Piles of laundry and mail and paper and cereal are all over our house. Oprah has told me that I need to clean my house and make my house a haven for organization, etc., and I say to that: Oprah, you are rich and have a housekeeper. Only rich people get to have havens. The main question on my mind has been, why do Ryan and I produce such intense, strange children? The answer to that, of course, is that we are intense and strange. A part of me loves having this intense, strange family because a lot of the time it is crazy in a fun way. But sometimes it is crazy in a really stressful way, and you add work and financial worry into the mix and you become quite exhausted. Oh well...Winter break is on its way...

1 comment:

Katrina said...

That does seem like an awful week! Hang in there! I agree with you about Oprah- she doesn't understand what it is like for people who don't make millions a year!