Saturday, September 19, 2009

material for their tell-all memoirs

Today we signed the lease for a house. We will move next month. It is a really beautiful, big house, in a wonderful neighborhood and I feel that we will be happy there. I am relieved to be leaving this house behind, to be free from the prison of those ridiculous payments and constant repairs. But sitting here right now, I feel sad because I have worked so hard to make this place our home, and we are going into yet another blank canvas and I will have to work so hard again to make it feel like home for the kids, to make this transition as smooth as possible for them. I know no matter what I do, there will be a transition, and it will be difficult. Benjamin and Elliott are not known for their transitioning skills, though Ben has grown much less rigid with age.

And then, maybe in a few years, we will have to do this all over again.

I know we have no other option right now.

I hope they don't hate me for all of this.

2 comments:

Jen and Dave said...

Wow Angela...way to be really hard on yourself. Somebody needs a massage! Ang, all will be well.
Love you!

matungin is the secret word...

Anonymous said...

Of course they won't hate you for this. As long as you are all together, it's home.