Thursday, February 24, 2011

getting my groove back

I was really overwhelmed on Monday when I spoke with the lawyer regarding Elliott's case and his school district. I cried and thought and cried and thought and talked and talked with Ryan. I emailed all of my crazy awesome mom-of-autistic-kid friends on Facebook who know so much more than I do about all of this stuff. I have decided to stay in Redlands for now, not to hire the attorney, learn the law myself and advocate for Elliott as best I can. I'm prepared to politely but assertively take on this district and go to mediation and due process if we need to. I'm ready to attend school board meetings and notify the newspapers as well. I'm motivated and therefore less depressed about it all. Next Friday is the big meeting. Bring it on.

No comments: