Sunday, September 18, 2011

week 1 results

I have done 7 straight days of Paleo diet, as of this evening. Here are my results.

Starting weight: 183
Today's weight: 178
(5 pounds lost!)

I don't think you understand how difficult it is for me to lose weight, so this is a huge deal for me! I have tried to be very good, except today I accidentally ate beans because I forgot that you can't eat any legumes. I also had half and half twice this week in my coffee when I was away from home. Not too bad, I don't think. The best part about it is that I haven't been hungry at all, and I can eat as much as I want. I hate it when I count calories because I feel hungry all of the time. The hardest part is not drinking beer because I love me some beer. I'll admit to also having fleeting cravings for cheese. But I'm going to go the 30 days and try not to cheat, and then I'll work stuff back in in moderation. The main things I'll probably stick with are limited dairy, no grains, and no refined sugars because those are the worst things for you and I honestly haven't missed them. I use coconut sugar or stevia for a sweetener and I use almond flour for baked goods. I use coconut or almond milk for dairy.

It is very motivating to wake up and weight just a tiny bit less than the day before. I hope that continues. Wish me luck on week 2!

1 comment:

Jillian Sandler said...

You can do it!!! You look great!