Tuesday, March 22, 2005

ben's day on the town

We just checked on Ben (he's sleeping), and he was rolled over sucking his thumb, with his chunky little thighs and bootylicious behind facing us. Ryan had to leave because he has papers to grade and all he wants to do is stare at Ben sleeping. Today I took Ben grocery shopping with me. He's been grocery shopping before, for one or two items, but this was the first time I'd taken him on a bonafied, two-store, hour-long grocery trip. I had a diaper bag filled with supplies, a Baby Bjorn, an umbrella, his pacifier and tons of determination. Ben was cranky before we left, but I forged ahead regardless. And after all of the preparation...Ben was awesome. He sat contentedly in his Bjorn the entire time and patiently looked around as I made my selections. He was a baby genius!!

Ryan and I were talking today about how having Ben tops all of the cool experiences we've ever had. I can't explain how much I love him. I want to nuzzle my nose on his head and breathe in his sour-milk smell all day long. Now he's developing a little fiery personality. Now he's interacting with us more. And I love him more and more each day.

As a side note and warning, I never thought I'd be able to kill a person, but if anybody ever hurt Ben, I would dig my fingernails into their chest and tear out their still-beating heart.

Pictures will be posted later today--I just received my new digital camera. The last one imploded and black juice spilled out of it. I haven't been having great technology luck lately, I guess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of baby Benjamin, he is a genius!!! I love him more than any baby ever!
love,
Aunt Jilly