Tuesday, April 26, 2005

ben's got two teethies

Yes, I just said "teethies." I have begun doing what all parents do, and what all parents say they'll never do. I'm putting an "-ie" or "-ey" at the end of all my words. Horse? That's right, it's now a horsey. I just can't help myself. Anyway, Ben's 2nd teethie is popping through, right next to his first one. And he's acting loopy as hell, crying, trying to bite his changing table, my arm, his diaper, my glasses, and whatever else is within his sights. We got him some teething tablets, and he's addicted to them now, and whenever he sees the little vial of them come out of the drawer, he starts kicking his legs and opening his mouth and trying to grab them from my fingers. Below are photos of him when he was a little baby boy, just for old time's sake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute ba-bush-ka! you've got a cool blog. i'm glad i stopped by. thanks for sharing! hugs.

Anonymous said...

Having worked in a daycare center for almost six years, I talked with the "ee" sound fairly often. I was done there last June, but the trait carries on.
The other day, I had to deliver something to my husband's office before he got out of a meeting.
I passed the receptionist, one I hadn't met yet.
"First things first, I have to go potty" as I breezed on by to where I know the restroom is.
When I returned, she looked a bit awkward, but I introduced myself as the missus, former daycare teacher. She looked so relieved, I feel like I should have carried the joke on a bit longer.
Cute munchkin, I'll have to come back later when I have more time.

Anonymous said...

Heehee, you call them 'teethies', (when talking to a baby!) we call them 'tooty-pegs' in the North East of England. Seriously.
Your little 'un is a cute little fella! Thank you for sharing your family with the world :-)

angela said...

Thanks for the comments!! This is the most I've ever had. You all rock!!!