Friday, April 22, 2005

everyone was right

My mother's intuition--and the fact that I felt a ridge pushing through in the back of Ben's mouth--told me that Ben's first tooth would be a molar. My mother's intuition is often wrong, telling me that perhaps mother's intuition is a fallacy, or that my mother's intuition-o-meter is out of whack. I'm going to stop saying "mother's intuition" now. It's like when you say the word "smoothie" or "tankini" too many times, and the words become so unbearably nerdy that you have to stop saying it. Anyway, what my point is, is that Ben's bottom tooth has poked through, and I can see it now. That is the boring, predictable first tooth that every baby grows first. I could feel it a couple of days ago, but yesterday I actually saw it, and, once I did, I realized that it was anything but boring. It was probably the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life, his little white baby tooth. Ben noticed it yesterday too, and began touching it with his tongue and weirdly opening his mouth. I would also like to report that Ben is officially fat, as yesterday he ate two entire jars of baby food in addition to half of a bottle.

No comments: