Wednesday, June 22, 2005

ben can't crawl...

but he is very good at squirming out of my arms when I am giving him a bath, grabbing hold of the side of the tub, and pulling himself to a standing position. He won't do this when he is in his room exploring Weebleville. He only tries to stand when he is slippery, shampooed and immersed in water. He has begun to refuse to sit down in the bathtub. He stiffens his legs and grunts and ignores his squirt toys. He wiggles from my grasp and climbs up my arm. It is like cleaning a rabid ferret, not a baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never been close to a rabid ferret, but he seems like a typical baby boy, and there were three of those at my house.
Do you get the idea that I love reading about your child-rearing but am really liking that I'm done with it?
You are doing so fine with motherhood, indeed you are.