Sunday, July 10, 2005

two firsts in one weekend.

Benjamin went to swim class for the first time yesterday. And who do you think was rolling around and laughing and having a great time in the water? It was this other baby named Marshall, who has a problem and can't stop smiling, even if nothing funny is going on. Ben was another story. I had to dunk Ben under water. DUNK him. Asia, the very enthusiastic teacher, said that babies can't leave her class unless their heads are wet. So under the water Ben went, and when he emerged, his look of fear immediately melted to a look of rage, and he wouldn't stop crying until I helped him walk around in the shallow end. Because that's all this baby wants to do...walk. Which brings me to his second first of the weekend. Yesterday, with a little help from his friend (mom), Ben got on his hands and knees and started rocking back and forth. And he did it again this morning.
Pics will come soon, I promise. Hope you're doing well in Europe, Bridge. Ben says he misses you.

As a side note, I went to a candle party yesterday, which Mary and I decided should be called a candle coercion because they use really obvious tricks to FORCE you to buy candles that all smell like a blend of Cheez Its and peaches. They kept making us smell things and compliment the candles and exclaim, "I love Partylight!" They gave us raffle tickets and horrible, horrible prizes. I had to buy something so I wouldn't hurt my cousin-in-law's feelings, so now I have overpriced tea lights coming to my house that supposedly smell like the ocean but actually smell more like a bathroom. So that's what I did with my Saturday evening. My sinuses are still burning, and I had nightmares all night. So, no, Partylight, I will not be hosting a candle party at my own home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mobility on the horizon! Such a fine boy.

Coercion is correct. I went to a Mary Kay party at the house of a dear friend and allowed too much money to leave my wallet for one simple lipstick. WALGREEN's would have been one third the price.

Plus the next two days, my cheeks were itching from the experimental cream that got dabbed on.
So No, no party booked at my house either.